Law Degree Australia
Law is among one of the highly demanded, intensive, and reputable professions. A law degree prepares you to work within a judicial system in different roles. Law graduates can enter into private sectors, corporate firms, or offer their services as public legal officers.
Many students prefer to pursue a law degree in Australia. Australia has a broad range of universities that offer law degree in various cities. There are several opportunities available for students who decide to pursue a law degree in Australia. Many industries in Australia require services of law graduates, such as property, taxation, corporate sector, banking, politics, and finance.
Types of Law Degrees Available
Australian universities offer various law degrees. You can choose a degree that is suitable for you. Generally, legal studies are based on:
- An undergraduate program for first-timers and fresh students. They can do a Bachelor of Laws, duration 3-4 years, or a combined degree for Bachelor of Laws; the duration is five years.
- A postgraduate degree program is also available for professional lawyers, in which they can complete the research or grow professionally.
Undergraduate Law Program
At the undergraduate level, Bachelor of Law courses prepares students and create a foundation for their exceptional law career. It provides knowledge and training to practice law in the country. This program helps in developing critical, strategic, and analytical skills necessary for the field of law.
Students can complete a bachelor’s programme in law within three to four years. While, the students also have a choice to pursue a double degree, by combining some other courses with the law degree. Gaining an undergraduate would not be enough to become a lawyer; you have to undertake Practical Legal Training (PTL) to gain practical skills and become a lawyer.
Postgraduate Law Program
Masters of Law or other postgraduate law programmes in Australia helps the professional lawyers in obtaining in-depth knowledge. They can pursue a postgraduate law degree to specialize in a field. This helps the students in moving forward in their career as a lawyer and enhance their educational experience.
Many universities offer a law degree in Australia. You can consult a study abroad consultant in Singapore for complete information and application processes. In Singapore, Hui & Kuah Pte Ltd is an education agent who can assist you.
List of law universities in Australia
There are 43 Universities in Australia. Of these, the following 38 Universities have laws in their respective schools
- Australian Catholic University
- Australian National University
- Bond University
- Curtin University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Charles Sturt University
- Curtin University
- Deakin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Flinders University
- Griffith University
- James Cook University
- La Trobe University
- Monash University
- Macquarie University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- RMIT University
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of technology
- University of Adelaide
- University of Canberra
- University of Melbourne
- University of New England
- University of Newcastle
- University of New South Wales
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Queensland
- University of South Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Sunshine Coast
- University of Sydney
- University of Tasmania
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Western Australia
- University of Wollongong
- Victoria University
- Western Sydney University